Rome Italy - JRE313

The Basilica of Saints Ambrose and Charles is in the Via del Corso in Rome.

The Church "national" in Milan (for inspiration in the cathedral of that city), started in 1612 in place of a fifteenth century building and was originally designed by Longhi Honorio thanks to the donation of Cardinal Alessandro Omodei.

Pietro da Cortona designed the dome, the third largest of Rome (after St. Peter and that of Sant'Andrea della Valle) and decorated with stucco of the time (1669).

The interior, filled with stucco, marble and frescoes, is one of the most characteristic of the late Roman Baroque pomp. The apse and the plumes of the dome are frescoed by Giacinto Brandi.

The altar dedicated to highlight the glory of Saints Ambrose and Charles, is a masterpiece of Carlo Maratta.

Equipment= Nikon D5000
Lens Used=Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Lens
Exposures=5
Location=Rome Italy

Workflow= PhotoMatix, Adobe PhotoShop Cs6 Software, Nik Color Efex=Detail Extractor, Tonal Contrast
Topaz Adjust=Psychedelic